So I had some frozen cranberries and leftover cool whip and I had no idea what I was going to do with them. I've been toying with the idea of doing a dessert and I finally decided to try it. I made some rather large meringue cookies (2 egg whites beat until stiff peaks, add 3/4 cup sugar with a little vanilla, bake at 325 for 25 minutes, let cool). Then I cooked down some cranberries with some brown sugar and lemon juice and thickened it up with some corn starch. After everything was cooled I put it all together. Can I just say scrumptious?! And really, how can you make something so amazing and not have a little photo shoot :)
August 29, 2010
I'm a terrible blogger
So I haven't really kept up with this whole blog thing. I've moved houses, but in the same area. Same job, same ward, same life.. here's a little something to tide you over until I get back into the swing of things.
So I had some frozen cranberries and leftover cool whip and I had no idea what I was going to do with them. I've been toying with the idea of doing a dessert and I finally decided to try it. I made some rather large meringue cookies (2 egg whites beat until stiff peaks, add 3/4 cup sugar with a little vanilla, bake at 325 for 25 minutes, let cool). Then I cooked down some cranberries with some brown sugar and lemon juice and thickened it up with some corn starch. After everything was cooled I put it all together. Can I just say scrumptious?! And really, how can you make something so amazing and not have a little photo shoot :)

So I had some frozen cranberries and leftover cool whip and I had no idea what I was going to do with them. I've been toying with the idea of doing a dessert and I finally decided to try it. I made some rather large meringue cookies (2 egg whites beat until stiff peaks, add 3/4 cup sugar with a little vanilla, bake at 325 for 25 minutes, let cool). Then I cooked down some cranberries with some brown sugar and lemon juice and thickened it up with some corn starch. After everything was cooled I put it all together. Can I just say scrumptious?! And really, how can you make something so amazing and not have a little photo shoot :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you know. i'm sad and lonely in california. a care package of cookies would be awesome ;)
haha.. I don't have your address and I'm not sure how fresh they would be, but I can definitely try :)
Post a Comment