Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

October 17, 2010

To cook or not to cook


So last year I watched Julie & Julia, maybe just once. My roommate at the time bought me a strand of pearl for Christmas that year. I think went out and bought the book. This year for my birthday my sister got me my own copy of the movie AND Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook. After watching the movie again and commiserating on my current wonderful life I've decided that I need to do something fun. I haven't figured out what exactly to do, so I've opened up the blogstratosphere for your input. Do I take another cookbook (better homes, betty crocker, fannie farmer, etc) and do the same thing? Do I just take challenges from others and cook requested meals? Or do I just go with the flow and cook whenever, whatever I want? I really can't figure out to do.

Yesterday I was at a meeting and one of the ladies (I can't get over the fact that I'm now a "lady" and not just a "girl") said she didn't like what she was doing and didn't want to stay in her current position. She thought of what she really liked to do and what she could do to turn a profit. She came up with culinary school. She's still working while going to school, but will hopefully do something in the food industry upon completion.
I've gone back and forth with the idea of going to culinary school. I just don't like the idea of uncertainty. I don't know what's going to happen in the next few years. I don't know how my schedule will allow it. I just know that I really love to cook. It's a stress reliever for me. And I love making people happy, and what better way to do that then with amazing food to eat.
So I guess if you have any suggestions on what I should do with my life, the comment box is now open. If there's a recipe that you are dying to try, or have someone else try, let me know. We can cook together! Do you want to cook, but don't know where to start? I'm not a master chef, nor will I be, but I can teach you what little I know. We can start cooking lessons.

Oh well. that's all I have for now. Here's hoping we all survive the upcoming week!

5 comments:

the coltons said...

culinary school!!! i still say go for it - if not now, when?

Erin said...

i just don't know

Taylor Ashley said...

was that good??i actually forgot about that movie and i believe i really would like to watch it!

Cath said...

You could follow along with Tuesdays with Dorie. Or start your own! I've sometimes considered culinary school, but I'm always hesitant to turn a hobby into a job.

hairofgold said...

As that former roommate I hope those pearls are going to good use and you're cooking in them!