I'll make these short and sweet since I kind of went into blog overload today.
A dear dear friend of mine asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. I'm so super excited and honored to have been asked. I am turning 30 in a few weeks and have not once been a bridesmaid. I don't know if that's a record somewhere, but pretty random if you ask me. Can't wait to start planning!
Speaking of turning 30 I can't decide what I want to do. My first thought was going to vegas and seeing phantom, my second idea was this huge party with drinks (non-alc), a buffet of appetizers, and some good tunes. Unfortunately, I do not have a sugar daddy and I don't think either of these will fit my current budget. Maybe I'll have to scale back a bit. I was thinking of just getting myself a fancy hotel room and lounging around all day. I do know that it will involve dinner (I'm thinking Macaroni Grill this year) with the sisters and at least cake and ice cream somewhere with a large quantity of personages.
Speaking of sisters.. Janelle (my older, wiser, more beautiful sister) and Katelyn (my youngest, wiser, more beautiful sister) are on their way out RIGHT THIS MINUTE form Maryland to start school this fall (Janelle Grad school and Katelyn Sophmore year, both at BYU) This makes 4/6 of us Gordon Girls here in Utah.
Speaking of school.. I got accepted into UVU's Culinary Arts program. It's a two year program. I have mostly all of the prereqs covered, due to my 7 years of schooling there. I'm signed up to take two courses this fall and then it's on to the actual cooking courses in January. There's a slight hiccup with financial aid, again, due to my 7 years of previous schooling, but I'm hoping to get that sorted out this week.
Finally.. Speaking of this week.. I'm heading down to St. George tomorrow morning for our department planning meeting. I'm not sure how much planning we're going to be doing, or how much I'm looking forward to it. But I am looking forward to staying at a spa, in my own ultra-cushy king bed with a jet tub. all by myself. oh yeah and we're going to see grease.. and I'm getting reimbursed a large chunk of money for gas/travelling expenses and everything else is on the company's dime (minus spa treatments)
That's it. You should feel like you've known me forever. I'm a comment junkie. It makes me feel loved.
side note - I just hit publish post and it gave me an error. I may have had a slight panic attack thinking that this whole thing got lost. Thank you Blogger for saving it as I typed.

2 comments:
I'm sad to be one of the two non-Utah sisters. On the other hand, I'm happy for you that you get to have so much family around. Jealous, but happy.
We're trying to go to Universal Orlando for my 30th this year! Because, uh, what are credit cards for?
Post a Comment