Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

October 23, 2010

Friday Girls Night

My friends/old roommates Kris and Heather and I have this sick obsession with Pride and Prejudice. Not really the book or 6-hour BBC movie, mostly just this:

We get together every few months or so to watch the movie, while reciting certain parts and rewinding/rewatching our FAVORITE parts. You probably don't ever want to watch it with me because it's pretty crazy.
So great friends, great movie.. what goes along better than that then great food! Enter this:

Yup! Good ol butternut squash. It's even better when it turns into this:

Seriously. I love butternut squash soup and this was amazing. Recipe is here http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Butternut-Squash-Soup/Detail.aspx
Follow the comments and cook the squash first as well as only use 1 pkg of cream cheese. TO DIE FOR! add some nice fresh bread and oh man!
I was running behind and it was getting late so before the soup was done I made sure we had a nice little appetizer. Nothing says yum like spinach artichoke dip. I keep calling my dad for the recipe (he put it together). I found a copy of it so I didn't have to bug him this time. So cheesy and gooey! and you get a serving of vegetables :)

I was going to go all crazy and make fresh pumpkin pie with a homemade crust, but let's be honest, that would have been crazy. Plus we would have eaten at 10pm and it would have been too late for the movie. So I will admit I made the pie with canned pumpkin and frozen crust, but it was still delightful (failed to take a picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it).
We sat down and enjoyed our movie and girl talk and then before we knew it it was so late and time to go. Until next time ladies!

The Downside of Cooking Like Crazy!


But it's all worth it for this:

No comments: