Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

May 13, 2011

The opera

Thursday after work I went to the Opera with a couple friends. I had an hour to burn between work and meeting them on Temple Square. I went into distribution to get a conference ensign, but they hadn't received their shipment yet. I decided to walk over to Deseret Book to check there, same deal. So I ended up sitting "on" Temple Square for 1/2 hour waiting. I was going to get dinner at Nauvoo Cafe but I wasn't really hungry, and I would have bought their carrot cake (which is TO DIE FOR). I snapped a few pictures while I waited. It was a gorgeous day! Blue skies, sun was out and shining, Temple Square is gorgeous with all of the flowers.





We went and saw Verdi's Falstaff. The stage scenery (?) was beautiful, the costumes amazing, and the voices gave me good chills. I loved going to the opera again. Best part was it was a student/teacher deal night and tickets were only $3.00/person. It was their final dress rehearsal.



It was fun being out with a bunch a friends in the city during the week, walking back to our cars (at work a few blocks away) on a gorgeous spring night. Next time we're all going to get dressed up and go!

They are doing Rigoletto in January (again for $3.00) and Ballet West is doing Dracula in October (how awesome is that, except I'm pretty sure there won't be a $3.00 night).

No comments: