So I think I'm caught up. I went through the month of September thinking, "I need to blog about this, I need to blog about that". Here I am. I hope I remember everything that I thought about. September was a very hard month for me, weight loss wise. I don't want to make excuses because if I really would have put the required work into my diet then I don't think I would have had the results I did (I gained 2 lbs in September). I had my 1yr Anniversary party, my birthday weekend, KC's birthday, and 3 weeks of program at work. I think I gave up mentally for the month of September. Sometimes when you work on something for so long you need a break. Mine just happened to be a little longer than normal.
My workouts weren't the best they could have been. If I didn't want to do strength training, I would just run. But then running so much flared up my plantar fasciitis, so that was also out of the question. When you love doing something (running) and then an injury prevents you from doing that, it makes working out that much harder. I had to sit out or do regressions during boot camp. Sometimes just walking was painful. But I think it's almost gone. In fact, I just got back from running 3 miles and it didn't bother me one bit.
I told Matt that I didn't want to do measurements for October. I knew they were going to bad. I knew I hadn't pushed myself as hard as I had in the past and I didn't want the disappointment. If we're going to do measurements then I'm not supposed to warm up beforehand. If you're warmed up, then you've probably already broken a sweat and the blood is flowing into the muscles, making the measurements not as accurate. I knew this. So the first session of October I gladly hopped on the treadmill when I got to the gym. I don't think Matt was too happy. We did a great leg workout (seriously, I was sore for 5 days afterwards). On the Smiths machine, he kept adding 25lb plates after each set. I told him, ever so nicely, that I hated him. He ever so kindly replied with, "Why? Because I push you to your potential?" Which is 110%. I need to be better at pushing myself, adding more weight on my own workouts. It is so great to have someone there who really does push me, gets me out of my comfort zone, and keeps me accountable.
After the workout he made me at least weigh (that's why I know I was up 2 lbs). And this was after the workout, who knows what it would have been if I had weighed before I lost all the water weight. Again, I knew inside everything that I had done the month previously that had caused the weight gain. It was now up to me to realize what I had done and make the necessary changes. I don't every want this to happen again. I may have started to cry a little bit. I felt like a complete loser, like everything that I had worked for had been for naught. But now thinking about that, it has given me the strength and empowerment to push on and to reach my final goals.
I really wish for any of you reading this that are discouraged with your weight loss goals, fitness goals, or any other life changing goals that I could take away the disappointment and hard times. I want you to know that it's worth it. It's worth the hard work, it's worth the bad weigh ins, it's worth skipping out on the bags of Halloween candy (I know, I can't believe I just said that). We can do it. I still have a lot of work to do. I still have my eating to get under control, it's something that I have to work on every day. But I have received so much support and strength from SO MANY PEOPLE that there is no way I can give up. I've come way too far. I went to my doctor the other day. She said my goal weight should be 210, with my height and build. You guys, that's only 40 pounds away. ONLY 40 POUNDS! I just hit 249. I never, in a million years, thought I would be to this weight. The goal is within sight. It's attainable. I just need to get out of my own head and stop being my worst critic. Enough.
And now to finish October strong and proud!

1 comment:
I love you and I am so amazed with your strength! You are such a hard worker and you've really done such a great job. Thank you for the inspiration!
Post a Comment