It all goes back to a little over a month ago.. September 6th to be exact. This was my 1 year celebration at the gym. I had a training session with Matt - and for some strange reason I was super stressed about it. I had heard rumors that he had asked multiple people for ideas on what "we" should do. It just seemed that I was going to be walking into a torture chamber. He told me to stop worrying, that it was going to be one of the easiest workouts ever. Lies I tell you, pure lies.
Anyway, as I was driving to the gym I had a small conversation with... myself..
Self 1: Wouldn't it be cool if they had a sign for you when you got to the gym.
Self 2: That's crazy, they wouldn't have a sign.
Self 1: You're right, but that would be cool.
So I parked and walked and what would you know, they had a sign for me :) Cassidy and Stacey personalized a congratulations sign. I may have teared up. I was running late so I hurried in and changed.
![]() |
| A sign, flowers, and a card. They love me |
I truly believe in fate, in the stars alligning, in that perfect timing. When I decided to get my weight under control a year ago, I didn't shop around when it came to what gym I was going to join. I got online, looked up 24 Hour Fitness, got a free trial, called to make an appointment for that night, came in, met with Kate, who then set me up Matt and we starting training that night. It's the best decision I have ever ever made. I've been a member of many a gyms, but this is the only one that I have felt that I belong. I have made so many friends and absolutley LOVE going. I don't feel out of place. I don't feel awkward using the free weights with all the guys, and I just feel like this was meant to be, as cheesy as that sounds.
So maybe I am going to split these all up.. make sure to check back.


No comments:
Post a Comment