So this week has been fun.
I was sick last week. I had a really bad sore throat and body aches Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday I completely lost my voice and it was good and gone until this Tuesday. That's the first time I can remember really losing my voice. It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be.
Because I was sick I didn't feel like I was pushing myself as hard as I could in my workouts. I had a session last Thursday with Matt which I probably should have skipped. We focused mostly on legs. I squatted (?) my heaviest weight to date, 240lbs! BODY WEIGHT! Except I only did it twice and then the third time I couldn't stand back up. I locked the bar and got up. I complained just a bit that it was super heavy. Matt said something about how it looked like I had just given up. He took 50 off and then my competitive side kicked in. I can't give up! I added back 20 and did a full set. Then I added another 10 and did another full set. You just have to give me a minute there bud! And I was sick! Maybe next time it will go better.
I did some great grocery shopping this weekend. I love Winco and their produce and bulk foods. My only problem is not eating everything before it goes bad. I tend to over buy..
Anyway. I came home and packaged my snack bags for the coming week or two. It's turned out really well when I remember to bring things with me. I was pretty proud of myself on Wednesday. We had a pizza party at work. I limited myself to one piece (so good) and brought some veggies to eat along with it. People were asking where we got the veggies. Too bad, I only brought enough for me :) Then I had a birthday party that night. I was still able to have a small piece of cake and ice cream and still stay under my calories for the day. It's all about planning, people! Who knew! Granted, I was about double the fat grams, but everything else was good. I told so many people, already submitted my daily intake and then the cravings came. I just said no and drank water! Thursday I didn't plan as well and had to eat out for breakfast and lunch, but I was still able to stay under my calories. Two days in a row! I think today will be a good day too. I get down on myself on the days when I don't eat well. I have the whole exercise thing down. It's been made clear time and time again that my diet is the thing that standing in my complete and total success. I know every day can't be a perfect day, but the more better days add to better weeks which add to better months and rockstar weigh ins!
One final note for this post...
You know, growing up, when your mom was trying to teach you manners about not drinking out of the carton? Sometimes if you don't listen to her you end up drinking out of the wrong carton. This was not a fun experience. Luckily, I realized it was not orange juice before I swallowed. SO GROSS!!




4 comments:
That is awesome! I don't think I've ever drunken (drinken? drunk? dranked?) out of the carton, but that sounds like something I would probably accidentally do. Good job pushing yourself. Go you!
I would have puked like crazy if I ever drank liquid eggs! Grosser than gross! You'll have to take me shopping some time and we'll talk food.
hahahahahahahaha, the last paragraph made my day!
Jullee! I would love to go shopping with you! I live for food. Trust me you guys, that was the worst thing that I've ever experienced in the kitchen. So Gross!!!!
Post a Comment