During whole30 you're not supposed to track what you eat. This was one of the big selling factors for when I did the program. But then it was really hard for me to get back on track afterwards. I would just try to mentally take note of what I was eating. That never really worked. I found myself eating more and more of the things that I had gone without for so long. There were too many binges that I had to account for. And I really wasn't being honest with myself.
I decided once and for all that I needed to get back to tracking what I eat so I can be more accountable. I have the whole workout thing down. I know what I need to do when I need to do it. But I have always struggled with my diet.
Last Sunday I meal prepped (which I should be doing right now too). I grilled a ton of chicken, made a couple recipes, and cut up some veggies so they could be used when needed. It made eating according to plan that much easier this week. I have given myself a cut off of 1700 calories. I don't necessarily have to get there (I would like to stay closer to 1500-1600), but it gives me some room if I need it. With the 1700 calories we're trying something different this time. 40% of my calories should come from carbohydrates and protein each with the remaining 20% coming from fat. Myfitnesspal.com is great this way because it calculates it perfectly for you (if you put the right foods in) and then, if you have the app it comes up with a fancy pie chart that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy
 |
| Perfect Eating Diagram |
Then one day you'll get this GREAT idea that you deserve a cheat day/meal. Actually, Friday was going really well until 2:00pm and then everything just died. One thing about a cheat meal is that you probably shouldn't document everything that you're eating. But if you happen to be in a "we're documenting everything that we" competition then you kind of have to. And that disaster looks like this
.png) |
| So many carbs, and not the good kind |
I won't share with you all the details of this day, but it was bad. I'm actually glad that I documented my cheat day, bite for bite, because I've never been that honest with what I eat on my bad days. I would lie to myself that I didn't eat a whole sleeve of oreos, or the extra handful of m&ms. I remember back in the day how my Friday nights consisted of a DiGiorno's pizza and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. That would easily be 3000 calories in one meal. (hint, my day wasn't THAT bad). So I made a few bad choices, but I was back on track the next day, worked out hard, and we're not going to talk about it again. That's the reason for a cheat meal. New emphasis on meal.. not day.
And today is day 7 back on myfitnesspal. Are you on it? Do you use it regularly? It only works if you're honest with what you're eating. Stupid honesty.
No comments:
Post a Comment