Dirty Dash was at the beginning of the month (June 8th). I've done this race before so I knew what to expect. There is a 5K option and a 10K option. Of course we chose the 10K option (naturally). There were about 15ish obstacles. I'm a little fuzzy on the details right now since it's been a few weeks, but I had a lot of fun and was able to finish it in a good time. Lets see, there were muddy water pits that we would wade through and then climb up over mud hills back into the muddy water. We climbed over 6' walls, crawled on our hands and knees through large PVC pipes. There were monkey bars, but I couldn't do them. There were cargo net climbs, up and over, there was another pit with waist high muddy water with 8 or so 12" wide PVC pipes that you had to climb over. It's hard to remember all the different obstacles, but we had a lot of fun! KC actually did the race with me this time, pushing me, cheering me on, and making me run when I didn't want to. I think I beat my time from September. I ran a lot more this time than I did in the last. I'm registered for the next one September 14th.

We were so clean! Me, KC, Sarah, and Shauna.
This was in the new obstacle for the year. It was an inflated "house" that had inflated tube that you needed to roll over. There was tons of mud and foam (can you tell). My bib number was getting caught on everything so I was really concerned.
They had the inflatable slides down one of the larger hills. This was the 2nd to last obstacle. I picked the best slide (there were 6, all attached). Last year I got caught half way and had to scoot the rest of the way down. This time and I got a good running start and I slid all the way down.. and didn't stop. I hit the hay at the end and did a backwards somersault. It was great fun!
Final shot. Lots of mud, lots of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment