I decided to get this all out tonight before I go to the gym in the morning and accidentally tell this horror story to my trainer when he asks how my week went.. I really hope this works.
So I've been in one of those moods this week where I really just want to lay on my couch with a pint of ice cream and watch Pride and Prejudice. I've been listening to sappy love songs the last two days and it doesn't help that I'm 127% hormonal (that's for you Kayla). Anyway, instead of being the smart girl and staying home to watch said movie, I decided to go to a wedding reception of a guy that I had a huge crush on, for a very long time. Again, very smart choice. I even spent a good amount of money on a present for them. So we get there and it's quite nice. Kayla and I put our presents on the table, I forgo the sign in book and we stand in line. According to Kayla he looked really happy to see us. He gave us both super big hugs, thanked us for coming, chatted a bit about the good ol days. He introduced us to his wife, who I think has heard about the pathetic things that I did in hopes that he would notice me a little more. I swear she gave me the stink eye.. like THE stink eye. And that was it. Kayla and I grabbed some cider, stood around and people watched for a few minutes, discussed the decorations and left. It looked like it was mostly family sitting around, didn't notice any hot single guys wanting to mingle (like I would anyway) so we took off.
I decided to nurse my wounds with a chocolate shake, burger and fries from in and out. After going 2 months without something like that I think I'll be okay. I just have to work extra hard tomorrow at the gym. And you know, sometimes you do have to emotionally eat. Just as long as you don't do it ALL the time, like I used to. Kayla was very supportive the whole time, asking me how I was doing, letting me know we can go whenever. Why do we do this to ourselves? Did I really need to go? I feel like THAT girl who shows up to ruin the wedding reception. But seriously, nothing ever happened between us. He just made me feel pretty. But then I went all apes**t crazy because that's what I do. I swear. I can't like a guy without turning into a 13 yr old girl, stalking him (I mean.. you know..), writing his last name with mine, reading into things way too much.
So here I am.. writing about the crazy, hormonal, teenage girl that I am at 1:30am on a Saturday morning/Friday night while he's out.. ya know.. celebrating his marriage. Yay for being single!

3 comments:
i emailed you on fb. i usually emotional eat but right now i'm not eating at all and guess what? me, who never has bad breathe, has bad breathe. not eating gives you a mouth that tastes like a trash can. so yeah, that is motivating me to eat.
Babe, I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. Just remember it happens to all of us. That's why Jane Austen is such a hit almost 200 years later. Thankfully we're not emotionally eating mutton while wearing corsets. Love ya.
I'm so glad you have a creative way to vent, I love the shout out and hope you know I'm here to support you. :)
Post a Comment