Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

November 8, 2011

Things I've learned on my journey thus far

1. It takes a lot just get started. You need to use the momentum to get you through.
2. Don't sabotage all of your hard work for things (food) that you don't need.
3. If you do give in to temptation (food) don't let it ruin you. Get back on track that day; don't wait for "next week"
4. Everyone has bad days. Keep going! Even if it's not the best workout, at least you're working out.
5. Good habits build better habits.
6. People want you to succeed, but you need to do it for you, not for other people.
7. Don't be intimidated by new workouts. Your body needs a change every once in a while, be up for the challenge
8. Have a workout buddy that will get you to the gym and encourage you along the way.
9. Make time for other things
10. Find new ways to reward yourself.

bonus
11. Having a crush on your personal trainer is too cliche (you can thank my little sister for that one), just enjoy the time you have together, it's a business deal.

What are things you have learned on your journeys through life?

1 comment:

me said...

Great list! I really like #4. Most of the time for me the big obstacle is getting to the gym. Once I'm there, I almost always end up doing what I planned to do and sometimes more. And I enjoy it! But sometimes it's a battle making myself get there.

Also I like #5. Since Eric and I got married I've wanted to be like him - I think he's probably missed fewer than 10 days working out since we've been married, and that's even through law school, having a baby, vacations, etc. I'm far from that, but I'm grateful for his example (and yours!). You guys inspire me!