Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

September 3, 2012

Hardest week thus far

Last week was probably the toughest week I've had to endure since I started my "I'm going to finally get healthy" journey. Let's discuss:

1. I was still trying to get back into the groove from being on vacation. Who knew that taking 9 days off of my schedule (physical and eating) would be so hard!! Granted, I ran a lot while I was there, but nothing compared to what I do when I'm on my own. Also, I was more relaxed (ok, A LOT more relaxed) on what I ate. But it was good to be home. It was more of an emotional journey than I had expected. A lot of the issues that I have with food circle back to my childhood and just growing up in general. My parents are in a different home, but it felt good to be back with all the sisters and realize that whatever happened in my past is in the past. I have so much to look forward to without all the excess weight tying me down.

Once I got back to the gym, everyone made sure I didn't forget that I had been on vacation. In three separate classes I was reminded that I had been on vacation and I couldn't have expected it to be easy when I got back. Thanks guys.. thanks a lot!! It was definitely good to be back though. I missed my gym family.

2. As soon as I got back from vacation we had our education programs start up at work. That means a lot of long hours and a bunch of strangers asking you questions from A-Z. It also means catered breakfast and lunch with amazing sugar cookies from Blue Lemon. They are of the devil. The first week I think I had 6. It was bad. I was able to hold off and not have any the second week, mostly because everyone horked them down so there weren't any leftovers to tempt me. Actually, with the lunches we got on Monday there were cookies in there too. I had the one that came with mine and then there were 2 leftover on the table. We were cleaning up after program and a lady at work left them. I was set on picking them up on my way out.. for later.. I had just picked them up when my friend poked her head in to see where I was. I felt like I had been caught red handed. She knew I was trying not to eat the cookies. I panicked and tossed them in garbage can. It actually felt good after I got over the disappointment of not having cookies.

3. Everything spiraled out of place Tuesday. I felt like I wasn't progressing, I felt like I was losing all of my strength that I had built up with my regular training. My eating was totally out of whack with program in session. I actually thought about quitting everything, the gym, the better eating, everything. I'm celebrating my one year anniversary next week. I was going to cancel the party. It was bad. Wednesday didn't help. I was trying to get to the gym for a class and one of the lights was out. I finally got there, but realized that my gym bag was on my bedroom floor. I actually went home, changed, and went back to the gym. I was 20 minutes late, but got a decent workout and run in before heading home. I think things turned around after that. A HUGE thank you to Emily for talking me out of everything and seeing me through.

4. Thursday I got dressed up for work and everything changed. I felt like a million bucks. And everyone was so kind to me with their comments (because when you look this good you have to share it on Facebook)

This week is going to be a great week! I had Boot Camp Saturday, today and tomorrow, BodyPump on Wednesday, training session on Thursday and PARTY TIME on Friday!!!! Now if we can just get through all the work too :)

4 comments:

The Alma Oliphants said...

You really do look amazing. I'm so glad you didn't give up! You have come so far! Don't go back. You weren't happy there. This is hard, but it's better. (right?) I love you.

Erin said...

I'm really, super glad I didn't quit. It was just a short lapse in judgement and frustration. Onward and upward. I've got bigger things in store :)

You're definitely right. I was not happy one bit. Love you too!

Unknown said...

Vacations can really mess up a good thing. I'm glad you decided to keep with it. You are awesome Erin!

Erin said...

Thanks Jullee! I'm glad I decided to stick with it too. That would have been pure craziness now that I think about it. Vacations are necessary, it just takes time to get back in the groove of things if you're off for too long! But I'm back, and with a vengeance!