Friday night I met up with my friend Jennifer to see a movie. We were going to see Valentines Day, but both got there after the movie started. We decided to switch them out for When in Rome. It was a really funny movie. I needed a good laugh and Josh Duhamel is really nice to look at. The guy sitting next to me thoroughly enjoyed it. I think he laughed more than anyone else and I'm also thinking that he was the one who suggested the movie for him and his wife to see. Anyway, really good movie.
We then ventured over to Z'Tejas for some dinner. Honestly I've gone there 4 or 5 times and have liked everything I have ordered. I got the chile rellanoes this time. I was really concerned because there was apricots and raisins in it. I hardly noticed them, but when I did it was actually a pleasant surprise. I think I went home and finished reading Enders Game (really good) before falling in to a blissful sleep.
Saturday I woke up earlier than I wanted to to go to the temple with my friend Sarah. We were going to go to the Monticello temple. Seeing how it is a 10 hour round trip we decided to put that off for a two-day trip. We substituted the Bountiful temple in it's place, but on our way there we were informed that it was closed.. so we then turned around and ended up at the Salt Lake Temple. and it was basically amazing. They have redone some of the interior and it is just that much more gorgeous. It was a packed session, hauling chairs throughout. We ran home, changed and then headed to the Blue Plate in sugarhouse for some breakfast/lunch. Sarah said that Guy Fiari (or whatever) from Food network's diner drives and dine ins went there for an episode so she wanted to try it out. We were both highly disappointed. I guess we'll need to find out what he had that made it so great, cause it wasn't anything we got. We then headed on to our next adventure, WINCO.
Last week during our Relief Society weekday meeting Sarah did a lesson on the word of wisdom and brought some great treats that I then wanted to try (fresh pesto and granola bars, not together). She also introduced me to their bulk foods section. It was Ah-mazing. and cheap too. Like seriously cheap. All the different kinds of flours, sugars, pasta, wheat, rice, dried fruit etc.
The best part is that we then came home and COOKED. and I mean cooked. I learned how to make the fresh pesto, made a pasta salad with it, then Sarah took a turn making eclairs (just the dough part, got too late to finish it), and I made my own granola bars. Amera came over and joined us and we just sat around and cooked for a good 5 hours. It was a great 30 hours.

1 comment:
I LOVE Ender's Game. I'll have to try the pesto recipe. I've been thinking about it for a while. I make my own pasta. I think fresh homemade pesto would be the bombdiggity.
Post a Comment