Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

March 25, 2010

Suggestions

Dear Blogging World,

I have a problem and I don't know how to handle it so I thought I would present it to you and see what you recommend. If you have a squirmy stomach I would advise that you ignore the following post.

My neighbor and his girlfriend tend to be a bit "loud" at night. Either that or the adjoining walls are really thin.. or both. Anyway.. This seems to happen right when I'm trying to go to bed, which doesn't really help me fall asleep. So what do I do? Confront them? "Hey I don't been to be a pain, but could you schedule your "intimate time" so that it wouldn't conflict with my REM cycle?" Inconspicuously offer to buy them new springs for their bed? "They were having this amazing sale on beds and I just couldn't pass it up so I thought I'd share in the amazingness of these new bed springs!" or invest in good ear plugs?

Any other suggestions?

5 comments:

Cath said...

I suppose it depends on how well you know them. Does it sound like their bed is actually against the adjoining wall? You could ask them to move it. Or just bang on the wall when they get too loud; maybe it will startle them into realizing that they're being a nuisance.

the coltons said...

i would just bang on the wall too - i'm all about the non-confrontation confrontation :)

me said...

So awkward! Is it bed noise or people noise? Either way, I'm another vote for banging on the wall. Or shouting at them to shut up. Or cookies and a poem - roses are red, violets are blue, I can hear you make pop-pop at night, so please be more quiet.

Lilianne said...

So awkward. We have similar neighbors that we share a our bedroom walls with. Man, I hate living in an apartment. I'm with Cathie and Coltons -- I would just bang on the walls and if they have any sense, they'll get the message! We've done this about three times and their loudness (and/or timing) has drastically reduced. So, I would consider it a win! And if they don't stop, buy some earplugs! Sorry you have to deal with that!

The Alma Oliphants said...

I would vote for earplugs. Yuck. When we lived at Wymount, we had problems with people leaving their windows open. EVERYONE in the complex could hear. They had to send around a phone message about it.