So I've been dealing with a small health issue the last few weeks. Nothing to be too worried about, just a little inconvenient. Me being the person that I am just thought it would go away on its own. After the first month I got a little worried. At the beginning of the 2nd month I discussed what was going on with a friend. She told me that I really needed to see the doctor, or at least talk to my doctor (I work in a clinic, it wouldn't be that hard to do). But I didn't want to have to do that, thinking it would clear up by itself, it has to. Month 2 nears the end and I'm getting a little more concerned, feeling the other physical effects. I finally get enough nerve to email my doctor and get some suggestions. I didn't actually follow the suggestion, but kind of took them into consideration. That was Monday. Funny enough the majority of the symptoms have now stopped and I'm feeling better.
Coincidence or not, I think I learned a little lesson on humility and that I can't handle everything on my own. People are here to help us, whether they be family, friends or doctors (of all people to help). I have a hard time delegating because there's a certain way that I want things done and I've done enough group projects where people don't do their part. I think it's time I learn to trust other people that way. I hate burdening people with my problems because I know they have their own struggles without having to had mine on. People ask if I need something and I say no, because yes I may be sick, but it's more out of your way to bring me oj than for me to run to the store down the street. (i'm not sick). My mom calls and asks how I'm doing and I say fine because in the whole spectrum of things I kind of sort of am. Oh well. It's late and I'm ranting and probably am sharing more than you want to know. Happy Friday! Next up.. Erin learns patience.. maybe..

1 comment:
we are so much alike, it really is kind of scary :) happy friday!
Post a Comment