I know. Crazy. Me? Cook. ha! But, from what I've been told, I'm pretty dang good at it. I love just adding ingredients and seeing how it turns out. Ask Mallorie. The other day I was fixing dinner and wasn't 100% sure what we were going to do. I looked in my fridge and started thinking of what could work. We ended up going with the initial plan, but there were some good ideas that are on the calendar for a future date.
So what have I made recently?
The night Mal came over I made chicken cordon bleu (with turkey and muenster, no swiss or ham in the fridge), dredged in egg and then seasoned flour, browned in skillet and then transferred to oven to bake for 30-40 minutes. Added to that were some roasted red potatoes, green beans and an Amazing chocolate souffle. seriously. We stopped the show we were watching so that I could make it again :) I've also tried a lemon and an orange souffle, but this was my favorite (different recipe, not as egg-y or airy)
Stuffed Portobello mushrooms. I called my dad to see what he would put in them and he read a recipe. I went in a completely different direction. Washed the mushrooms, took off the stalk and chopped it up (the stalk that is), sauteed it along with an onion, tomato, spinach, chicken, garlic and basil, piled it into the mushroom and topped it with Parmesan cheese. Popped it in the oven for 40 minutes and consumed. I had some leftover stuffing and thought it would be a great omelet stuffer as well (we'll see).
Homemade mac & cheese. I got this recipe from online. It had cheddar, cottage, and Parmesan along with sour cream and I added bacon for a little crunch, topped with bread crumbs.
I actually received a proposal after making this chocolate cake. Four layers: cake, ganache, cake, raspberry filling, cake, ganache, cake, covered in a fudge frosting and topped with almond slivers. Enjoy with a nice tall glass of milk.
Now don't let this list fool you. I don't cook like this on a regular basis. Case in point, I had pizza 3 times during the week (two weeks ago). But I still eat my pizza in style, as I drink martinelli's in my goblet and follow it up with some fancy haagen daaz.
What have you made recently? any recipes that you're dying to try?

2 comments:
Grilled bacon-wrapped chicken tenders. Up until the last couple of days, it was totally grilling weather.
*please* post the recipes for the cake and souffles? Or can I call you to get them? (This is Catherine who married Eric.) :)
Post a Comment