Today is my two week anniversary with 24-hour fitness and I love every minute. My trainer is fabulous. We'll be lifting weights and he'll ask me how it's going. I'm actually honest with him and if it's too light I tell him and he gives me more weights. The other day we were doing bicep curls and shoulder presses. The first time we did them I rotated from a 10lb to 12.5lb free weight. This time there weren't any 12.5lb weights so he gave me a 15lb. He said he bet that I could go higher if I didn't know what the weight was. I think that's true. I tend to psyche myself out the higher the weight because I'm so unfit. We did leg presses and I started out at a 5 (funky weight system). He told me I needed to go higher (mostly because I moved the weights with just one leg).
I need to work a lot on my cardio. Right now I'm sticking with the bike and treadmill. I spend most of my time on the bike and then finish up with the treadmill. I tried my luck on the elliptical and failed after 5 minutes. I need to work myself up on that one. Matt thinks it's funny to threaten me with the stairmaster. I work with Matt Tuesdays and Thursday. I'm supposed to do cardio MWF and then he'll give me a work out to do by myself on Saturdays. I thought the twice a week would work best because it would lengthen the time I have with him. It's been going really well. I WANT to go to the gym. The other day I got back from my session and I wanted to go back to the gym. It's crazy. I'm becoming a gym rat. Last night I played volleyball and then went to the gym and did my full cardio. I was going kind of easy at the beginning (what I thought was actually a good pace) and then Matt (my PT) told me I needed to have my heart rate around 140 for good cardio. That was just extra work for me to do last night, but I did it. I'm feeling so good. Last night, before I went to bed, I was actually excited to do triceps pressess/curls and lunges. I hope the madness doesn't stop.

3 comments:
I'm honestly so happy for you. I wish I felt that way about exercise!
oh my hell erin. that stair thingy is the devil. don't do it. my trainer has me do a bunch of exercises on the stair thingy and it's like, why can't i just walk up some stairs instead of this mini excalator? ugh.
Oh I'm going to do everything within my means not to do the stairstepper. I did it once and that's all it took.
Cathie, I thought exercise was of the devil before. Now I can't get enough of it. I didn't go to the gym on Sunday (day of rest) and I felt like the laziest sack of potatoes. It totally relieves my stress, helps me get out my anger and makes me feel better in general.
Post a Comment