So in my attempt to fall asleep during the early hours of the morning I started thinking about a situation I am currently in and thought I would share it with the 3, maybe 4 of you that read this.
There's a guy in my ward who apparently thinks that I am amazing. Or at least verbalizes the thought About 3 months ago he said he was going to take me out on a date, but never did anything about it. Then it was like I was supposed to plan it and just give him the details so that he could pay for it (because money wasn't a problem). So I gave him some suggestions, but nothing came about. Then he posted on my facebook an invitation to go with him to a work shindig. I let him know that when he calls me I'll give him my response. Stepping on soapbox.
Dear single men,
I am a 30 yr old, single woman living in good ol Utah. I have been on 3 dates since graduating high school. I may not be proficient in the ways of dating, but I do think I have an idea of what women are looking for.
Please don't complain about not dating, or dating unsuccessfully, when you really don't put forth an effort. Even if it is just a "friend" date, the girl would really like to feel a little special. And when you do ask her out, try to do it nicely, you know, like how they did it before facebook and even text messaging. I would love to have a guy call me up and ask me out. It makes us feel a little important.
When you do ask us out, please don't list off all the other girls that you need to ask out, or take out. It kind of puts a damper on us feeling good.
I should stop.. i'm getting snarky in my head and it will only get worse. But that's how I feel for now.

6 comments:
great post. also, i think guys shouldn't expect girls to do all the work or come over and cook then dinner or bring baked treats all the time. ugh.
seriously. we're already amazing. We don't need to prove anything else :)
When Adam and I started dating, supposedly a bunch of guys in the ward were all "aw, man!" I was like, "Say whaaa? We've been in the same ward for two years and you never bothered to ask me out. He's been here a week. Get with the program."
I've been asked out via fb message. I didn't go.
I was told this week that most guys around 30 won't date a girl over 26. Once girls are older and educated they get "ideas". Awesome.
Yeah Cathie, that ward had it's problems for sure. Janelle, I hate when I get ideas! They totally get in the way of being told what to do and how to think!
Wow--that's pretty sad when a guy doesn't want to put forth any effort to go on a date. I think you rock for standing strong and not rewarding him for that sort of mentality. You're worth the effort! If he wants to go on a date, he can certainly plan it and ask you. Same thing goes for a girl asking out a guy--but I think (perhaps I'm biased) that girls do a great job of that sort of thing.
Post a Comment