I decided to break up my gym update with my diet update so it doesn't get too long.
The last two weeks have been really good for me at the gym. I've started doing full cardio sessions on the elliptical, without hands, usually on a level 10 or 11. It's a good workout. Being able to do it without the hands engages your core and helps build your stability, at least that's what I've read. I've also been able to start doing some minor jogging. I did my best this week, jogging a full 6 minutes at 4.5 mph. It's almost 1/2 a mile. I'm pretty sure that's more than I've run straight since elementary school. I remember doing the presidential runs in Junior High and High School. I would just walk the mile "fun runs" because I really didn't care (couldn't). I'm excited to progress and look forward to running 5Ks in the upcoming summer/fall. I've signed up to volunteer for the Spartan Race and the Tough Mudder, both this year, and then I'm thinking about running both next year. I may be a little crazy.
My body has been a little tired this week. I haven't been getting to bed a decent hours and I think this may have something to do with it.
I was going to take Friday off, but a few things happened at work and I had some pent up anger that needed to be let out. I love angry workouts. I took yesterday off so I could make it up to my sister's house for General Conference. I'm hoping to get home at a decent hour so that I can go tonight. I don't think two days straight would be best for me, especially when I'm trying to meet a weight goal and two full days of sitting and watching TV (well, 8 hours).
I did a few planks this week for the first time. My first plank was a full 60 seconds. The next two were a little harder and I wasn't able to stay in position for the full time. I did a full 60 second plank last night, just to prove that I can still do it. Matt had me do leg lifts on Thursday. I was able to do 20 straight with pretty good form. Matt was impressed with how strong my core has gotten since the first time when I was only able to do 2 or 3 before stopping. I pinched something in my back so the next set didn't go as well. Everything feels better now, so we'll see what's in store for Tuesday.
We're working on switching up my workouts because my body is really getting use to the workouts that we're doing right now. Friday we're doing a sports training workout. We've been working on a lot of cardio, stability and core work the last few times to get ready for the session. I'm a little worried, but it is definitely going to be a lot of fun. Matt says it's going to be like one of my first sessions all over again. I'll definitely keep you posted.
But really, I love the gym. I love the endorphins from working out. It clears my mind, I feel like I've accomplished something. I'm excited for the summer to do more outdoorsy stuff and able to keep up on hikes, feel better in swimsuits, and fit comfortably in my sleeping bag :)


No comments:
Post a Comment