Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

April 11, 2012

What's been going on??

I really want to write something epic, but I can't seem to get the thoughts into words. I'm going to try anyway.

I want to first thank everyone for their kind words and support these last 9 months. If someone would have told me back in September that come April I would be teetering on losing 100 pounds I would have called them crazy and walked away. Stupid teetering. We'll get to that soon enough. Honestly, not a day goes by without a compliment from someone. I have received so much encouragement, it's really one of the biggest things that keeps me going. I really really really appreciate it. I know you must be getting sick of talking about working out and trying to eat well. I get sick of hearing myself talk about it sometimes, but then again, I love it so bad.

A quick gym update.. I ran 2 miles on Monday. When I first started training, Matt asked what some of my goals were. The first was to be able to run a mile. Uh.. I think I got that one. Now we're working on a 5k. Friday we did a sports training session in the basketball court, which included a lot of BOSU push ups, side shuffles, step ups and overs, medicine ball squats/thows, and a little relay/obstacle (?) course.

In one corner we had resistance band bicep curls, side shuffle over to next corner where we find a mat to do leg lifts, sprint length to next corner for medicine ball squat throws, a quick side shuffle to next corner for BOSU pushups and then finish it off with a sprint to the other side of the gym. Sounds like fun, right? The first trip I clocked 4:05. I took a lot of time with the squat/throws. (ps, they are not my friends).

Matt asked if I wanted to do it again or call it my benchmark to work on at a later time. My head said to try it again, my body was done. He told me rest for a couple minutes and then revisit the idea. I caught my breath and headed to the resistance bands. I went through the motions, knowing that I spent lest time on the leg lifts and squat/throws. I thought I had shaved off maybe 15 seconds.. come to find out I clocked in at 3:23.. that's right.. 43 seconds. Now I really have something to work on for next time.

My biggest enemy is myself. I get in my head telling myself I can't do it, I'm too tired, I've worked enough.. unfortunately, none of this is true. I need to stop and just work harder. That's my goal for this week and probably next week. and probably the rest of my life.

No comments: