I need to find a way to lose weight without letting my body and mind in on it.. any suggestions? I was hoping to get to my 100lb mark next week (I had 10lbs to go), but somehow my brain and body decided to fight against me. Again, I had a really hard time keeping my eating under control. I didn't have a problem with going to the gym. In fact, I may have gone a little overboard.
I'm afraid to take a day off because a part of me feels that it's counterbalancing all the not so great choices of food that I've made. I need to do better. I need to not sabotage my hard work at the gym with eating the sugar and fat laden food that always calls to me. What I'm eating now is so much better than what I have in the past, but I can still do better. I find that when I'm keeping track of what I'm eating I tend to do better. That's really when I track EVERYTHING that I eat. So that's what I'm going to do this week. I was going to start this last Friday, but I made an excuse with General Conference, and all those good plans went out the window. I will definitely start tomorrow, tomorrow for sure!
I definitely feel better when I'm eating better. I have more energy, I feel like I've accomplished something, that I am succeeding. These last two weeks we've had program at work, which means catered breakfast and lunch. Looking at everything you would think it's all healthy, but I'm pretty sure it stock full of calories, fat, and sodium. Then there isn't any nutritional information to go a long with the food so it's all guess work. My big accomplishment for the two weeks was forgoing the amazing sugar cookies that come with the lunch. It ends up only being 4 days with the cookies, but it's really something I look forward to each session. I decided to enlist the help of my co workers to keep me from eating the cookies. A few volunteered to tackle, taser, or eat the cookie for me. So kind. I'm proud to say that I was able to withstand the cookies. Unfortunately, I filled the void of sugar cookies with peanut m&ms. Wednesday I actually made the whole day without ANY chocolate. That was a miracle nigh unto itself.
Now I'm just rambling. On to a new, better week. Good luck!

1 comment:
Erin, I have a terrible sweet tooth and I have a really hard time forgoing treats! I've been really working to eat healthily (esp. since January) and came across a great blog for healthier desserts. Here's the blog:
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/snackity-snacks/
One of my faves so far are the "larabars." I add protein powder and they really help curb the chocolate crave and fill me up at the same time (similar to a mini CLif bar). It's really helped me to have some healthier versions of desserts! Maybe they'll work for you, too. ( : You're doing amazing things!
Post a Comment