July 23, 2012
My gym can beat up your gym
Tonight I was running at the gym (yay for running!). After I was done, the lady next to me tapped me on my shoulder and thanked me. She had never ran before on the treadmill and was really scared to try. She said she just followed my example, pace, and posture and was able to run for a full 6 minutes!! I'm so proud of her! I'm glad she watched me now that I've been able to correct my running to prevent further injury.
I love working out at my gym. It really is a second home, actually more like a first home because I have more friends there :). I hadn't been in the gym since Thursday because I was out of town Friday and Saturday and my mom has called me to repentance for going on Sundays. So it had been 96 hours since the last time I went. I went in and talked to Cassidy at the front desk for about 10 minutes and then went into the dressing room to change. On the way out I saw Stacey, a personal trainer, working with my friend KC. I stopped and talked to them for a few minutes about working out and tomorrow's boot camp. Then I got on the treadmill next to my friend Niki and we caught up for a few minutes. KC came over after his session and we talked for about 10 minutes. In between machines I caught up with Peter and Adam, both of them asking how was my trip to Moab and welcoming me back. It just feels so good to belong. I've been a member of a lot gyms in my struggles to lose weight and I've never felt like they really cared. This experience is completely different than all the others in the past.
Today was the restart of "Erin's going to healthy and get control over her sugar tooth". It was going perfectly until 12:30pm when we had a last minute ice cream sundae social at work. Yup. Ice cream, hot fudge, FAT FREE caramel sauce and crunched up oreos. Can't do better than that. I went back for 2nds and then at 4:30 after everyone left I got another scoop. I'm so proud of myself :). I can't remember the last time I had ice cream, honestly, so I guess my brain freaked out that I would never have this again and HAD to eat as much as was possible! Tomorrow starts another day, without ice cream, for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Totally feel you with the sweet tooth... Today was our monthly celebration at work where they bring in cupcakes to celebrate everyone's birthday for the month. I only had one and drank tons of water to help combat the need for more. I was doing great, until they peeked their head in my office telling me all the leftover cupcakes were in on the break room table. Ugh! Just my luck. There's always tomorrow to do better, right?
Absolutely! You can't dwell on your mistakes. No looking back, just do better from there on out. Stupid sweet tooth(s)(teeth?)
Post a Comment