Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

July 7, 2012

updated "success" story

I was told by a few individuals that I needed to update my success story at the gym.. so you get to see it too :)

July 2011 - 378
 Here I am, 10 months into the best decision I have ever made in my life. For me, my weight has been the biggest personal struggle with which I have had to deal. Realizing that I was just about to turn 30, and shortening my life every day with the extra weight and poor diet, something clicked. I had to make a change and I had to make it now. I've been that person who gets a gym membership, works out really hard for MAYBE 3 months and then calls it good. I couldn't do that this time. This was going to be a life change. I needed someone to help me get started (again), push me, and hold me accountable. 


On September 8, 2011, I went in to 24 Hour Fitness, signed up for a year membership and started working out with Matt that evening.
During this time I have seen my body do things I never thought would ever be possible again. Matt started me out doing basic exercises, to get an idea of where I am at, and to see how far he could push me. Each session has been different and challenging in their own way, but it's always rewarding to see how far I have come.

Along with improving my muscle strength, I have also been able to build up my cardio endurance. In May I was able to complete my first 5K. I feel like a broken record, but I never thought I would   
December 2011 - 318
able to do that. I love not feeling trapped in an inactive, unhealthy body.

Besides the physical changes that have occurred, I have also benefited from other changes in my life. I am no longer on anti-depressants, I have so much more energy, and I have been able to meet so many people here at 24 Hour Fitness. I sincerely appreciate all the support that I have received.

If you have ever contemplated doing personal training, do it! Do it for you and see where it can take you. There are amazing trainers here, each with their own specialties. They are here to push you, it definitely won't be easy, but it will for sure be worth it. Take a step and you will amaze yourself.

That's the end of that, but I wanted to thank all of you on my blog, for following, for commenting, and all of your support. It's been a big change and I really couldn't have done it without all of that support.

Some of you have asked me for suggestions, ideas and help. My first thing is just making sure you're doing it for you. You can't lose weight for the sole purpose of maybe this guy will notice you or you just really really want to fit into the newest trend and look good. I mean you can, but it's not going to last. At least that's my perspective on the matter. Do it for you. Do it to be healthy, happy, and able to move without the aches and pains

Also, even a bigger part than exercising is making sure you're eating correctly. I"m not going to preach on this because I definitely need to be better and don't want to be a bigger hypocrite than I already am. I'm on myfitnesspal.com. I'm not always tracking my food, but I notice that I make the best decisions food-wise when I am. I feel better when I'm not eating crap, and working out is a whole lot easier. To health! 


July 2012 - 258


2 comments:

The Alma Oliphants said...

You. look. amazing.

Jessica L said...

Can't get over it. You amaze me!