Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

January 27, 2010

so it was going down down down and then skyrocketed straight up to the sky!

(Forewarning: use the restroom, grab a snack and settle in, it's gonna be a long one) That's how I felt about the day that was yesterday, Tuesday January 26, 2010. After having a less than pleasant morning (and about a week's worth of not-goodness) I ran quickly over to the grocery store to pick up lunch for close to 70 people. I got everything in the cart (including 4 3foot subs, 7 bags of chips, 5 bags of cookies, 4 12-pks soda and a case of water), successfully paid for it all and fit everything into the trunk of my car, neatly, I might add. I closed my truck and felt around in my purse for my keys. Yup you guessed it! They were in my trunk. Safely locked away with the food for the hungry employees and doctors back at the clinic. So I called my lovely USAA (more on that in a bit) to have someone come out and unlock my car. Their standard response time is 45 minutes. I called back to the clinic to inform my boss and we decided to get someone local to come over real quick to unlock my car.
So I'm standing around for about 10 minutes in the light snow waiting for this guy to show up and QUICKLY unlock my car so that I can get this lunch over to everyone. Why is it that all these locksmith guys look like ex cons. I've had my fair share of encounters, but I may still be overgeneralizing it, but still. Long stringy hair with a black beanie and long dirty nails. Oh well (I guess I'll expound on that later as well, this is already getting longer than I want it to be). Finally (15 minutes later) he unlocked my passenger side door, thus setting off my car alarm. I opened the driver side, popped the truck and hurriedly searched for said keys in said large quantity of grocery bags. Found them and headed back over to the clinic (which is like a BLOCK away). Needless to say, lunchtime was over and everyone was back at work so we ended up setting things up in the breakroom for people to grab when the could and took plates around to the doctors. oh and the best thing is that the ENTIRE clinic found out why their lunch was late and I was getting great reminders of it throughout the day.
Anyway through all of this I had received a few texts to see if I was going to institute that night. I put them off citing that I would probably just stay home and veg from the day's events. Finally after getting yet another text asking if I was going I decided this was Heavenly Father's way of telling me that I really needed to go. So I gave in. haha. I ended up having to work straight until it was time to leave for class (at 7) and headed over to institute. I was set on going to a different class buy my friends (shout out to Tameka and Sarah) suggested we go to another one. Can I just say that if you're too stubborn to listen Heavenly Father will send other people to persuade you! This class was exactly what I needed! It was a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father truly knows each and every one of us, what we're going through, what our hearts desires are, and how He can buoy us up. The best is that one of the scriptures we studied was one that I was impressed to study the night before (but really didn't). It's in the Book of Mormon, Alma 7:11-12 And He shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities,that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. (If you have questions about the Book of Mormon see www.mormon.org). Isn't that amazing! Christ knows us. He has felt every pain that we feel! He has suffered every sickness, and this isn't just physical, it's mental, emotional, you name it, he's felt it.. so that he can succor (RUN to! guide, support). AMAZING! This wonderful lesson was followed by a fun dinner with the girls and then a jam session in the car. I may not have received much sleep last night, but I wouldn't have traded it. I love it! I'm so thankful to all of my friends and family who inspire me to do good and who listen to their own promptings and reach out to help me! Thanks for asking me how I'm doing, even though I'm usually pretty vague, and generally caring. Thank you!

2 comments:

Anita Baker said...

Yep. As I said, I'm a loser. This confirms it.

I'm so glad you had a chance to build your testimony. That's always uplifting!

the coltons said...

i'm glad you had a great night and i'm really glad you put it on your blog - i also really needed this reminder, erin.

thanks, friend!!