Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

January 13, 2010

What to do with a tuna steak

I promise this won't turn in to a food blog, but you see, I have this tuna steak and I can't figure out what to do with it. Do I marinate it and then grill it? If so, what kind of marinade? I was thinking of just doing a toasted nut crust and pan sear it. Is that good enough? What kind of nuts? walnuts? macadamia? pecan? Please help! This thing has been in my freezer for weeks just staring me down and I can't take it anymore!

4 comments:

Cath said...

Um, I would say you went wrong when you bought fish. But have you tried googling recipes? I think macadamia nuts are a popular coating, but I'm sure you could find lots of marinade ideas.

Emily said...

I say throw it away. It sound yucky! Sorry. No offence. I just really don't like fish :)

Katie said...

I've only had a tuna steak once. It was cooked all the way through, and not very good (it was topped with a pineapple salsa, however, that was delish). I hear you are supposed to eat them rare, just like you would a regular beef steak. I have had a pecan crust on fish before and it was quite tasty. That's probably the nut I would use.

Hope you don't mind if I occasionally stalk your blog :)

Anita Baker said...

when i was in cooking school, the instructors all SWORE by the fact that tuna steaks such as your picture were best grilled or steams with just a little bit of salt. and by little bit they meant 3 granules because they are nazi's! but they said that is you have a good tuna fillet as that then that was all you needed.

i haven't cooked one in about 5 years so i can't really say anything else!