Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

January 23, 2010

Ward Talent Show

The Cake
I made a 4 layer chocolate cake with ganache and raspberry filling, with a chocolate fudge frosting garnished with almonds and chocolate sprinkles. The assembly of the cake was a very rushed job so it doesn't look really nice, but I'd be lying if I told you didn't taste good. It was amazing. Really. I even got a marriage proposal out of it. Except it was from Sara so it didn't count. Oh well, maybe next time



I had leftover ganache and raspberry so I made another cake for FHE, but not as elaborate, just your basic 2 layer white cake and instead of frosting I just poured the ganache over it. Again, it was yummy.

The Talent
Me and a group of girls (Mallorie, Karlie, Tameka and Lisa) along with Jay did the introduction to Hercules for the talent performance. It was fun, but I was super stressed hosting the entire night. I had a bigger picture of how it should have turned out, but everyone had fun. And I got a lot of compliments on my lip syncing skills.




We also had the single adults from our Swahili branch join us and they did a drum performance. We should have had them go last because they kind of rocked the house. It was great fun.



I've now been the Activities Chair for a year now. I'm thinking I'll be released soon, but I'll stay in as long as the Lord intends me to. I've learned a lot, but there's still a lot more for me to learn. It started out with only 12 people showing up and 5 were on the committee. Now this last activity we had over 40 for sure. SUCCESS!!

1 comment:

the coltons said...

you are so awesome, erin! i'm so proud of you for sticking it out and having such a great attitude. 5 to 40 is absolutely a success!! i've always admired you for being social in your ward - as you know, i never am :)