Consider this the first installment of my success story. About 2 weeks before my 30th birthday I came to grips with reality. I was at the largest weight I had ever been. It was getting difficult for me to tie my shoes, I got winded going up one flight of stairs, and in general, things seemed to be spiraling out of control. I was surprised every time I went to the doctors to find out that I still didn't have diabetes.
I have always struggled with my weight, joining a gym here, or a gym there, using this diet or that. I was going to Weight Watcher meetings with my mom when I was seven years old. Three years ago I had Lap-Band surgery, but ended up gaining back everything and then some. I just had to make a change. I had to make a change now and I had to make that change for me.
I was on 24hourfitness.com and saw a few specials going on. I called in to see if I could set up an appointment. They had one open in 30 minutes; I took it. I met with Katie and she signed me up. I had shared with her my concern about being extremely overweight and out of shape. I wanted to sign up with a personal trainer who would be able to work with me, not make me hate working out, and someone who would be patient, but still push me. I took her recommendation and I started working out with Matt S. that afternoon.
Matt has been extremely encouraging, but even better, he keeps me accountable for what I do (and don't). I'm pretty sure we do a new exercise every session. He takes the time to explain the exercises we're, I mean I'm, doing and leaves time for any questions. If I doubt my ability to do something he is right there to push me, even just to try. I may not have any idea what we're going to do at the start of the session, but I can count on it being a workout for sure. It is great to see the progress that I have made since starting at 24 and working with Matt 3 months ago. I can officially say that I have lost 50 pounds during this time. Not only have I lost the weight, but I've increased in strength and endurance. Personal training isn’t just for the athlete or for the severely overweight; it can be for anyone, no matter where you are in your journey. The trainers here can work with you for new ideas, give you extra motivation, and help you along your way. Above all, whatever you do, you need to do it for yourself. I look forward to the next leg of journey here at 24 Hour Fitness.


8 comments:
ERIN! You are incredible. You are so gorgeous! Way to go with choosing your goal and then for sticking to it through the tough times--that's so hard to do! You are inspirational. Awesome YOU!
your so amazing!! i love you !
-Tay
-portrayingtaylorashley.blogspot.com
super amazing. don't wear dark pants in your after shots! i wish i could be more like you.
Erin! You look so happy. I'm so proud of you - for making worthy goals and achieving them despite the influences of life! WAY TO GO! I'm so glad to see all the sass inside coming out! :) xoxo - oh, and we will be in town until the 7th! So, we definitely need to get together!!! Heck yeah!
Holy Freakin Canoli! You look spectacular!
Thanks you guys. I'm having a lot of fun doing this, no, seriously! YAY Lili!!! I'm so glad you're going to be around! I'll definitely find my way down to Orem (or if you're up in the SLC)
Oh Ereeeen! You look amazing!!!! Notice all those exclamation points! Yay you! I am really proud of you too! I want to see this "sass" in person and go out and party! Let's go. What? What? *grin*
for sure! when are you going to be in town?
Post a Comment