Just tell me when you guys get sick of hearing about my work outs and I'll change topics. After my session on Thursday, Matt told me that my new goal for my circuit training is to do three sets under 60 minutes. This is 2 reps of 15 and 1 rep of (single arm/leg) of 20 on 10 machines. It's a little intense, and people sitting on the machines can make it a little difficult, but I'm proud to say that I came in at 59:53. I was super proud of myself and then I texted Matt to let him know that I was able to do it. He was very encouraging. That was fun.
I find myself more sore than usual, it's a good thing because I know I'm pushing myself harder. We're doing more walking lunges and holding squats, increasing weights, and levels on the cardio machines. I still haven't been able to drop the 2 lbs to get to my goal. It's a bit aggravating, but I know the muscle is there. Just can't give up.
Yesterday I had my hair colored by my friend. She was supposed to cut it too, but she had another client coming in so I have to go back tomorrow night for the cut. I'll post pictures when that happens.
I also had my car inspected and found out I need 4 new tires. That brightens your day for sure!
Today at church I had 1 person ask me about my diet plan, 1 person get information on training sessions, a few people tell me how great I'm looking, and 1 random person recognized me from the gym and introduced himself to me. Now I have another friend at the gym! One of the girls in the ward signed up for a membership at the same gym. She is really worried to start because "the gym intimidates her". That was definitely me at the beginning, but now that I know most of the machines and how to actually work them I am able to pick the machines that I want to use and just do it. The free weights get me because all the big bulky guys are hanging around over there and it's awkward. But I'm sure I'll get comfortable with it sooner or later.

5 comments:
Oh Ereeeen I miss you! I wish I could see you in this little life adventure you're on! I am so impressed by your strength, I knew you always had it, I'm just glad you see it now too! *grin*
I hope life keeps treating you well and I'll never get tired of hearing about your gym stuff so keep it up! You're encouraging to me! I'm going to go on a Word of Wisdom "diet"/life change soon and start working out again. *grin*
p.s. I'm planning on coming up in a couple weeks!!!
p.p.s. Can we play? ;)
Do you really have to ask? I'm going to be in Maryland Dec 21st - Jan 1st... so if it's after that then I'm game. I hope I don't miss you! I'll be posting pics probably this week sometime.. got my hair did and hopefully these stingy two pounds will finally go away!
I wish we went to the same gym! I could really use some help doing arm workouts. :)
We usually do bicep curls, tricep extensions, and then a lot of cable work too. Dang. I would love to work out with you!
i love your gym posts and i especially love our talks. honestly. you are an inspiration. side note. i mentioned you in a post or two. i just posted 4. bwahahahahaha! just saying...
Post a Comment