For those of you who don't watch the biggest loser, the last chance workout is the last workout the participants do right before their weigh in. Tonight is somewhat of my last chance workout. It's my last training session before my vacation.
Tomorrow I fly home for 11 days. I love being home, having a break from life, and spending time with my family. My family is so supportive of me. My mom took a shopping list from me and it stocking the fridge with things for me to eat. A lady at her church got us a 2 week family pass to one of the best gyms in the area. So I won't have my trainer, but I'll get to be the trainer and show my family some of the workouts I've been doing. I asked Matt to put a couple workouts together for me, so I have some idea of what to do. I'm familiar enough with what we have been doing so it shouldn't be too hard. Plus I can always do a few sets of the traditional weight machines.
My hesitancy in going home is that I won't have my schedule. I'm at the mercy of whoever is home and can take me, seeing how I only go to Maryland once or twice a year for maybe a week at a time. I know my family is supportive and will do anything they can to help me reach my goals. This will be the perfect test for my commitment and will power. I'm not going to use the holidays as an excuse to go completely off the grid, but I'm also not going to going to ground myself if I have a cookie. I know what I need to do.
I feel like a lot of my emotional eating habits have connections to my growing up days, whick is mostly rooted to my home. I had a very happy childhood, but I also think this time at home will help me cipher through my thoughts and feelings and maybe gain some more ground on my self control. Here's hoping! A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL!!!!

4 comments:
Let's try this from my phone... U will have a wonderful holiday and I'm so excited that u get to play trainer to your family :) you inspire me, Erin!!
Hey! It worked!!
yay!!!!!! it worked!!!
so happy that you had a great vacation and ended up losing weight while on it! high five for working out at home and getting your sister to go with you!
Post a Comment