Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

January 10, 2013

food, but not really comforting

I've been in a bit if a funk the last couple of days, still trying to put my finger on what exactly is causing it. My workouts have been less than ideal and my eating has been lacking. Today I really wanted a cheat meal for lunch, something that I didn't have to track, like a burger and fries. Something other than insert lean protein/veggie/carb mix. But, I had already brought my lunch to work. My co-worker encouraged me to be good and to stick with what I brought. I did and felt good about that decision. Two hours later I felt that I needed more comfort in the form of food. I went to my old friend chocolate. I ate a snack pack of lorna doones, oreos, and then a good cup of peanut m&ms. Consider that my binge for the day/week/month. The sad, but good thing, is that I realized it didn't comfort me. It actually made me sick, so I was worse than before. I was doing so well with my diet since the first of the year (a whole week!!). I even blogged about how preparing my meals kept me in line with my diet plan. Now I have to find something besides food to comfort me. Any ideas? What do you do? It was in the middle of the day so I couldn't leave work and go to the gym. And the candy/cookies are just steps away from my desk.


On a completely different side note: You know you've reached an all new level of crazy when you try on your gym clothes at night to make sure they fit right and "go together".

2 comments:

Cath said...

There was a time where icanhascheezburger really cheered me up. I think it's gone down in quality, but knowyourmeme.com is pretty fun. And I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to things that make me laugh. It's nice just to go through it and be silly. (Your results may vary with my lulz board, so you should probably curate your own.)

And may I make a totally unsolicited suggestion? I think you need to eat one thing every day, just for the enjoyment of it. No tracking it, no worrying about the calories. It seems like you slip a little and then throw good money (or calories) after bad. "We'll I've already blown it for today, so what's another donut?" type of thing. You're not just a machine that you can tell, "I gave you 400 calories of lean protein and vegetables. Be happy!" And then when you're faced with temptation--it does mostly seem to be at work, doesn't it?--you can plan around it. "I'd really like to eat those Oreos, but I had Doritos today, so I'll eat the Oreos tomorrow." Cutting it out entirely just makes you want it more. Just my two cents...although, uh, at this point, it's probably more like two dollars.

Erin said...

I love that you take the time to comment on all my randomness. Thank you! And I appreciate the ideas! I am going to take them into consideration for sure.