Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

January 8, 2013

Planning - go figure

I know that I've made a lot of posts about eating correctly and what not. This last week I've made a couple changes that I think will hopefully stick and help in the future. Matt has reminded me a lot in this journey that although I still continue to lose weight, the closer I get to my goal weight, the slower the weight will come off. Also, the fact that I'm still losing weight even though my diet has not been perfect.

I've been hit and miss the last 16 months in keeping my diet where it needs to be. As mentioned earlier, my goal is it have 55% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 15% fat. I've been really good the last week or so and have been able to have every day end up with those percentages, minus my cheat meal day. I actually know what I need to eat and am able to come up with different ideas for the next day. I plan my meals for the following day the night before and get everything together that I need to take to work.

Yesterday we had a lunch at work and I had ordered the salad, except that I forgot to say salad so I got the sandwich instead. I just ate the turkey and avocado and then went and got a salad from the food court downstairs after the meeting. It turned out okay after all. The funny thing is now that I'm not eating tons of junk food I have a HARD time reaching the 15% fat. I can actually add almond butter into my diet to cover this and not feel guilty! I'm also thinking of getting the 2% Fage and Lowfat milk instead of non fat. Good fat is good, bad fat is bad. imagine that.

If you're on myfitnesspal then you should add me. My username is egordon81. I would like to be your friend.

The planning of meals, even just the night before, has allowed me to be consistant in my eating and making sure I get the right nutrients in to keep my body going. It's turned into a fun math game at night, trying to get the percentages to line up. I'm a nerd, so I like that sort of thing.

What's your go to meal? Snack? Indulgence? Do you plan your meals? If so, do you do the night before, or do you cook for the whole week? Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Cath said...

You know what makes great sandwich filling? Hard boiled egg and avocado. Healthier than using mayo, and of course you can dress it up with herbs and spices or whatever, but I like it with just salt. I know "they" say to avoid egg yolks, but there's actually a lot of nutrients in there, so I'll compromise and do one whole egg, one egg white, and half of an avocado. I guess you can use low carb sandwich thins or whatever. Bagel thins are good, especially toasted.

Erin said...

I love bagel things, eggs and avocado! I have a certain fat gram that I'm supposed to stay under so I can't do this all the time, but thank you for the options! It sounds so good!!