Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

May 9, 2012

I workout!

So Saturday was my last regular personal training session.. until I can figure out how to do more. I'm not too worried about it, at least for now. I think I know what I'm doing. It will be interesting to come up with new exercises and find ways to challenge myself. For our last work out we did max lifting on a couple machines. I can't do a straight pull up quite yet, but I'm about halfway there. I chest pressed 165. We did the leg press on one machine, but the seating was weird so I was *only* able to do 405lbs. Matt wanted to do another leg press so he gave me the option of doing the squat machine (which I think I will always despise) and this one. I chose this one..
That is 680 lbs.. it's a little crazy. We started with 90 lbs, I would do 3 reps, he'd add another 90, do 3 reps, add another 90.. repeat. So I'm guessing that if I hadn't done all the reps prior I probably could have gone higher. I'm okay with the 680 though :)

We finished up the workout doing boxing!!! I've always wanted to box. Seriously. Not competitively, but still. Growing up with I was an angst-filled teenager I thought about punching the wall, but wouldn't let myself because I was afraid to hurt my hand. See. I do have some self preservation. So I put on the pink boxing gloves, Matt showed me what I was going to do, he put on the pads and I definitely got in my workout.

I did jabs (getting punched with my right fist is like getting slapped with a wet noodle, no joke), cross punch, hooks, and uppercuts. Then a bunch of different combinations. I would get focused on the punching and forget about my posture/balance. Matt would pretend to take a swing and I would lose balance. Once I got that figured out things went really well. I think I did pretty good for my first attempt at boxing.

I've also taken up bootcamp. It's 45-60 minutes of high intensity aerobic exercise, with all sorts of different exercises. And they do completely different things each time. Last Tuesday was bunch of jumping, lunges, squats, then abs and a few other things. Last night we did push ups, hammer curls/shoulder presses, squats, more shoulder work, pylometric jumping, and more squats/lunges.. to name a few. I was talking to one of the trainers before class about the Saturday class. It seems like it's a more advanced class to me, just that more trainers are there, the people look to be more active/fit/etc. He said I wouldn't have a problem. There are things that will always be hard, but then there are others that I can do just fine. I need to work on this self confidence thing. I can't do it this Saturday, but I think I'll try it out next weekend. Anyone want to attempt it with me? It's even outside!

So the plan for now is cardio MWF, bootcamp Tuesday, my own special workout plan Thursday, and a repeat of bootcamp on Saturday. I've been doing yoga stretch Sunday mornings and I really like it. I think this is an okay plan:) An update on the calories.. myfitnesspal says 1570 calories, apexfitness and another calorie counter place says 2150. That's a big differece. I think I'm going to stay around the 1700 calorie range for now and see how I do. And I'm seriously running out of clothes. If you're interested in starting at 24hour fitness or trying it out, let me know. I can get you a free 7-day pass and if you sign up then I get a training session :) I can also get you a 3 pack training session for $89, usually $129 (again, I get a free session). That's all :)

No comments: