Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

May 10, 2012

mentality

In all honesty, I never thought in a million years that a 22/24 would be "big" on me. If you would have asked me this time last year, I would have told you I would always be the size I was, if not bigger. I think I had lost hope on losing weight. I had tried so many times and had failed that many times as well. I don't know what made the difference this time, but I truly believe that this will be sticking. It is a lifestyle change. I need to just stay on this bandwagon and keep on going. Plus, I've proven to myself that I can do this, that I can succeed, that I am WORTH IT! (you can too) I have a crazy dilemma. None of my clothes fit me. I wore a skirt yesterday, that if you had yanked on it at all it would have slid right off. My tops are extremely lose. All my clothes are ill-fitting and I feel frumpy. I don't have the sewing skills needed to alter them and I don't have the money to have someone else alter them, or even better, buy new clothes. If I do buy new clothes, it's exercise clothes. suggestions? Just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had a good suggestion for your problem. The biggest curse of losing weigh is also one of it's biggest treats. Fitting into smaller clothes! Too bad it means having to buy smaller clothes.

Cath said...

I've been there! My weight seems to fluctuate 15-20 pounds, which doesn't seem like a lot but I'm a tiny woman and it all seems to come (and go) from my middle! I have to keep two wardrobes. Depending on the style of skirt, a straight line down the side will take it in. Or a safety pin can take it in an inch or so without being too noticeable. Drawstrings are your friend. You can probably find some decent pieces at DI to help tide you over until you get to the size you intend to stay at and redo your wardrobe. And it may seem silly, but...the Lord probably has all sorts of solutions.

Erin said...

Thanks Jullee and Cathie. I just re-read my post and I sound like a crazy person. I need to stop complaining and just enjoy the results. Thank you for your advice. I think I'll hit up DI again this weekend and see if anything stands out. Thanks for the jeans, too, Jullee :)