Honestly, I've stopped and started about eleventy billion (there ya go, Mal) new posts, but then I lose steam or think whatever I have to say will be utterly boring, so I just don't. So I guess I need to repent, ask my readers for forgiveness, and try to come up with something that might be entertaining. I've recently hit a big milestone. I have officially lost 100 lbs. I'll be blogging about that later, but let me tell you, it feels absolutely incredible.
I gave myself about 2 weeks to just relax, not worry about what I ate, and just kind of let all the stress go. I ended up gaining 4 pounds back, but have since lost that and an additional 4. I can't really complain. I keep track of my food on myfitnesspal.com. After you lose about 10 pounds they have you re-evaluate your nutritional goals. I thought they did this automatically so I've been at 1910 calories/day for a while now. Today when I put in my new weight it asked if I wanted to recalculate my goals. I hit yes, and then actually went into the goals and recalculated them. It took me down to 1570! I've been eating almost 400 extra calories a day for who knows how long.. Maybe that's why I haven't been losing as much as I used to (that and I have less to lose). I'm glad that I did that, but now I need to be even more strict and mindful of what I'm actually eating. It'll be good in the long run.
Speaking of running.. I know I've put a lot of my updates on facebook, but I am officially a runner (okay, jogger). I have always wanted to run. Today I ran a full 3.1 miles STRAIGHT on the treadmill. It's very important to find a treadmill that runs smoothly so you don't fall flat on your face. And one that is next to the air vent so you can get the necessary ventilation. I'm running my first official 5K on Saturday. It should definitely be interesting. I will post about it. I promise. I have plans.
I've signed up to volunteer for the Spartan Race (spartanrace.com)in June and Tough Mudder (toughmudder.com) in October. I think by October I might even try participating in the Mudder..
Work is going surprisingly well. I have a sister in New York City doing an internship this summer. Another sister is in Germany for study abroad. I'm a little jealous. Oh and Mal.. here you go.. I have better pictures coming, but this will have to do for now


7 comments:
Sorry.. I don't know where the paragraph formatting went. I swear I know how to write proper paragraphs.
Imagine how the weight will peel off now that you've recalculated your calorie goal! My goal is already boringly low. There's not really room for *any* fun.
Now the challenge is just to stay below that goal :)
You'll have to do a new "what do I eat post" at the lower calorie goal once you have it worked out. You look great Erin, and I was so happy to celebrate the 100 gone with you :) I am excited for your first 5k.
That is freaking amazing. You are officially a better runner than I am. I am at the one mile mark. You rock my socks.
Yes, Jenny.. but you're recovering from having a baby. I'm recovering from being fat and miserably out of shape. You've done the 5Ks before. You inspired me to start running.
Jullee - Thanks for celebrating with me!!
Holy Freaking Cow, Sister. You look amazing! You're so awesome babe, way to go!!!
Post a Comment