Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

October 18, 2011

A hodge podge of stuff

I know all of my 5 readers were worried that it had been 4 days without a post. I hope you've survived!
Friday was a pretty horrendous day and I was positive it would carry over to today. It was actually a very good day at work. I got a lot of emails out and some scheduling done. I realized tonight that my favorite parts of work is when I'm helping someone. So that is the key for next job. I need to find something that allows me to help people.
I was able to leave work early so that I could drive down to Orem to take a test that I had forgotten about (I'm not really on top of my school work this semester). Anyway, I got down there in good enough time, parked in employee parking in hopes that I would be out before any parking enforcers came, and headed in to take my first test of the semester (I know, go ahead and hate me). It's for an introductory nutrition class that is supposed to be geared towards culinary arts majors. It was the same stuff I've learned since I was in 6th grade and it showed. I did the review yesterday, reading the chapters for the first time, and came out with a 96%. So it was either really really easy, or I'm a genius. I'm gonna go with the latter. Oh and no parking enforcers either so total score!
I made my way back up from Orem after making a quick trip to wal-mart for some more gym clothes (having to do laundry weekly so I can go to the gym in non-stinky clothes was getting old) I picked up my chili and went to fhe. It was a chili cook off. I didn't expect to win, which I didn't, but it was nice to participate and show people what I made. I stuck around for a bit of the comedic act (it was really good, but people weren't really paying attention, I felt sorry for the guy). Actually I started to get a little panicky being in a smallish room with a bunch of people that I didn't know. I'm impressed that I didn't run from the building, screaming my head off. And then I headed to the gym.
I had the best cardio workout. I do my cardio on the recumbent / seated bike. It's easier on my joints and I feel like I can push myself harder than on the treadmill, and it doesn't kick my butt as hard as the elliptical, which I'm working towards. Anyway, I was able to kick it up another notch on the intensity and did a full 60 minutes without stopping and without praying to Kronos to speed up the clock. I was a sweaty mess, but it felt soo good. The stretching spots were all full afterwards so I made a quick getaway so I could make it home before my muscles froze up. Hopefully I was able to stretch in time so I'm not sore for my training session tomorrow.
GI was really concerned on Friday when I weighed myself because I was up a few pounds. I worked extra hard this weekend, even went to the gym on Sunday, trying to drop the weight. Little did I know my hormones had another plan for me. Stupid hormones. I'm pretty proud of myself that I didn't partake in the Banbury Cross doughnuts provided at the mingle at church on Sunday. That was a never before event.
I have to say that these last 6 weeks have been amazing. I feel so much better already. I just wish that I would have done this sooner. And my biggest hope right now is that I can keep it up, don't let the discouragement take seed, and just realize what the potential is. I can't give up. I can't quit. I have to succeed this time. I need this for me.

Thank you again to everyone for all your love and support. It means the world to me me.

I think the endorphins have worn off now, so I'm going to head to bed. Good night blog land :)

4 comments:

The Alma Oliphants said...

I love you, Erin!

Unknown said...

You are doing great and with an attitude like you have I think it will be hard to stop. If you ever feel your motivation slipping talk to your friends and supporters. I know I'll always be here to encourage you :)

Anita Baker said...

i' proud of you that you didn't run from the building. i feel the same way and prob wouldn't have even made it through the chili cook off.

when you think of quitting you can think of the devil on your back. god doesn't invite bad feels, of discouragement, fear, doubt. that's satan. so don't give in to satan! ps. like my train of thought? it's way more churchy than i would have thought! but it's so true.

Erin said...

I love your analogy Amera. It is 100% true! Thanks Jullee. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me eventually :). I love you too, Jenny!