
It's been 3 weeks and 2 days since we did my first measurements. According to the scales at the gym, I have lost 10.4 lbs. I knew that I had lost weight, but for some reason I was still really nervous. Matt picked up on this and was nice enough to try to ease my nervousness. He kept on telling me to just relax. I don't know what my deal is. I told him I know that I have lost weight, I like what my scales have said, but that's at home, in the morning, with nothing in my system (I didn't continue with the details). He said something like, yeah, but unfortunately I can't be there with you in the morning when you weigh in (awkward silence). Which is true.. so we'll take this weight. He also did calipers and inch measurements. He was half way done when he was like, oh yeah, I guess I should ask you if it's okay if I touch you. I told him that if it wasn't okay I would have told him by now. Plus it kind of just goes with the territory. The inches were a different story. He said most of the measurements stayed the same. I actually gained an inch in my biceps, which is weird to me, but I have some nice muscle definition now when I flex.
Matt was super happy for me. And I'm happy for me too. He said that I'm ahead of schedule since technically you're only supposed to be losing 2 lbs/week. But it seems you always lose a bit more when you're starting out. It only took us 15 minutes to measurements so we were able to get a good workout in as well. He had me do the resistance band circuit which is my favorite (enter sarcasm tone here). The bands aren't that bad and apparently I made it look too easy. On the third round he made me use the red and the blue band TOGETHER to do the back row. I need to not psych myself out. I was able to do them just fine, but it's the initial, "there's no way I can do that" that always gets to me.

So like this, but it was wrapped around a weight machine.. and I was holding on to two!
The 3 minute bike intervals are the things kill me. He's using this time to test how well my cardiac output is doing by getting my heart rate up quickly and then how quickly I'm able to adjust my breathing and get it under control. The second round was a bit taxing, but I didn't hyperventilate like I did last time so I'm gonna have to say we did good. And for some reason he thinks that when I'm working my hardest this is the best time to start a conversation. I just had to nod. There was no way I was able to talk. Oh and we also did push ups on the BOSU ball, cause that's just pure fun.

We went over my food diary at the end. He said I was doing really well. I'm still having a hard time staying within my fat grams goal, but I'm getting better, making better choices and when there is fat involved it's the good kind (nuts, fish, etc). The program has me at 2200 but I've really been staying around the 1800s. He said to stick with that, especially if I'm not hungry. The 2200 is going to be my cap for emergencies and if for some reason, I'm uncontrollably starving. I said something about eating this amazing cookie (I only had 3/4 of one when I usually have 3 or 4, go me!). He reminded me that we're not cutting all sugars/desserts out. We're not doing a diet, it's a change of lifestyle. If we were to cut out everything that I love (cookies, ice cream etc) I would fail. Which is true. It all comes down to moderation in all things.
I really really love having someone to work out with, be accountable to, and someone who is present, encouraging me all the way. It means so much to me that you guys are right there with me, backing me up and encouraging me as well. It's just kind of extra that he's there working through this with me and we can both see the results, knowing that what we're doing is working. I hope that makes sense.
Anyway. That's my results post and a little more.

4 comments:
congrats. that is so good! have you done planking yet? i HATE planking. i agree with you. i psych myself out when working out too because it's like, really? you want me to do THAT? but them after a while you're like, whatever. i can totally do this!
I don't even know what planking is.. and I probably don't want to know. I'm to the point where I trust him. He knows what I can do so I just go with it.
I love this! I am so proud of you.
Congrats! You're awesome. For reals.
Post a Comment