Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

October 4, 2011

I'm sorry

I'm sorry that this is another gym posting. That's really all that's going on with my life right now. It's my main focus at least. Thank you for all of your support. I don't know what made me want to change and start doing this (I'm leaning towards the whole turning 3-0), but I definitely love it.

We did circuit training tonight. Not my favorite. We did 3 minutes on the bike at a high level to get my heartbeat up and then switched over and did 20 reps of bicep curls, triceps extensions and rowing, and then 15 push ups on the bose(?) ball, which is A LOT easier to do on as opposed to a full exercise ball, just saying. We ended up doing 3 rotations of this madness. The last time on the bike he wanted to get my heart rate up to 170 as fast as possible and then gradually come down. At about 160 I started hyperventilating so he started knocking it down sooner then he wanted. I didn't give up. I kept pushing myself. When the reps got easier I moved further out to increase the resistance. It really helps to have someone there, showing you want to do, keeping your mind off of what you're actually doing and motivating you through the whole ordeal.

To date I've lost 14 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but I think that's a great start. Matt started me on the apex fitness calorie tracker etc. I started a profile last week. I accidentally selected the increase sports training and gain weight option.. so it had me at 3300 calories, which I knew was a little crazy. We went through that today and fixed it, bringing me down to 2200. He said he would like me to stay as close to that as possible and we'll reevaluate at the end of the month. When all is said and done he wants to see me around 1700-2000 which I think will be fine to do. I still need to work on my eating. The good think about apex is that it has meal plans for you to follow if you want. I just need to set out a plan and then get the groceries for it and I should be good to go. Oh and the whole waking up early to prepare breakfast.. boo. We also calculated that I should be at my goal weight around July 23, 2013.. HAHAHAHA. He said we can made adjustments so they're monthly goals or whatever, but I thought it was funny to see that in a graph form, everything smooched together.

I guess in work news things seem to be going better. I'm a little busier right now. We have session 3 of our programs starting next week so that will be good. I need to do better at my "assistant" responsibilities since she's the one who really has a say in my employment.

I think that's all for now. I'll try to think of something different to post about for next time so I don't bore away all of my 4 readers :)

4 comments:

me said...

Wow - awesome job, Erin! And thanks for all the information about what it's like having a trainer. I've always wondered about that.

Sarah said...

Whatever about boring me! I think you are a really good example and your determination is inspiring. Plus, aren't blogs supposed to catalog times in our lives so we can reflect back on them? I love hearing about you, no matter if it's about working out or what not. *grin* I miss ya babe and am sending happy thoughts and vibes your way. (aka prayers ;)

Cath said...

BOSU ball? Flat on one side ball on the other? Stands for both sides up.

Erin said...

Yes, Cathie! That is it. BOSU ball. wow! Thanks for the clarification.
Sarah! I appreciate and and all happy thoughts and vibes, that's for reaffirming my constant workout blogs :)
Catherine, not a problem at all! Let me know if you have any other questions regarding personal trainers. I love mine and he really helps me kick it up a notch.. in fact I might just start calling him Emeril!