As this number was looming this week, I had a lot of thoughts going on in my head. I have sat down a few times to type them up for my dear readers, just to be distracted by other things. Now that I have hit 60 I don't really have the words to describe my feelings.
Most of you know that I had Lap-Band Surgery a few years ago (6 years ago, I think, I really can't remember). Anyway, things were going great. I had a difficult time with it, and actually I still do. I was able to lose just under 50lbs, and then I found a way to cheat the system. I loved food. I loved to eat. It was my comfort and my joy. The band was there to stop me from eating the amounts of food that I loved. I soon found that ice cream went down, smooth as silk. Also, if I ate a lot, but wanted more, I just needed to drink a glass or two of water and then I could start eating all over again. I wasn't committed, besides a piece of tubing wrapped around my stomach.
That being said, was there any surprise that I gained all of the weight back, and then some? Yeah, didn't think so. So what's different this time? It was 100% my decision. I made the initial decision to make a change and I followed through on it. I'm committed in every aspect. I keep reminding myself that this isn't a diet; it's a lifestyle change!
I've been feeling like my body is ready to 'take it up another notch'. Thursday's workout consisted mostly of lunges and squats on the machine from hell. My feet are spaced weirdly so it makes things difficult. It's a lot harder for me to start, because I'm not confident that my legs are going to make it through the workout. Once I get started I'm able to do them, it's just that initial uncertainty of failure that gets me every time. I'm glad I didn't do my warm up on the stair master because we did a few intervals on that to end the night. Matt likes to tease me with how much I LOVE the exercises that in all reality I despise. Oh well.
I was also concerned that I wasn't working hard enough (I know, crazy). He assured me that I was definitely working hard, harder than most gym goers. And the fact that I'm exceeding my weekly/monthly weight loss goals also shows that I'm working hard. He said he wouldn't worry unless I stop meeting those goals. He keeps reminding me that when I get closer to my goal weight it's going to be harder to lose the weight. I think he's preparing me so I don't freak out, which is really smart. Oh I also asked if I could use his name on my blog, maybe a little too late, but he said yes and to give him the address so he can check it out.. which means.. I may be doing some editing to a few posts ;)
Thursday night I was leaving the gym and a guy pulled up to me in the parking lot. I was freaked out a little. He leaned over through the window and told me that he had noticed me in the gym, working my butt off, and he could really see the difference and for me to keep up the work. I was on cloud nine after that. I had had a great work out, got some more motivation to keep on going and then a complete stranger telling me that I was doing an awesome job. I also met both cardio goal and circuit goal for Friday and Saturday. I'm not feeling exceptionally well, so I hope resting today will help for the upcoming week.
Anyway, here you go. Not the best picture, but I really don't care! I'm now to the point where I've lost more weight than ever before. My next goal is 299 (17 pounds to go!!!!)


8 comments:
you're doing awesome! keep it up!
Go you! I'm so impressed with your dedication!
Erin, you seriously look amazing! You're a total inspiration - keep it up! We're all here rooting for you. Lots of love!
i always tell people when i can see they are doing well because everyone needs to feel good and like what they are doing is showing. i'm glad he did that because it's so true. you can totally see a difference and i'm so glad you are happy and motivated and still strong in your resolve. i need to be more like you when it comes to losing weight.
I am so impressed, Erin! You look great, and you are totally inspiring. I can't wait to jump on the bandwagon.
Absolutely fantastic Erin!! I always want to come work out with you when I read your blogs. I am so happy that stranger at the gym stopped you to say that. Always awesome when a total stranger says something great like that. I am always excited about your updates!
I am truly blessed to have so many people supporting me. I have been able to really make a change in my life. I'm humbled by everyone's words of encouragement and the love that I have felt throughout my life, but currently for the last 4 months of this journey.
Jullee - you're welcome, anytime! I can even get you a pass!
Congrarulations Erin!!! His is the first time that i read your blog and i am amazed by the great news! You look great and glowing! Keep up the good job and it certainly is a change of life style! You are inspiring! Congrats!!
Post a Comment