Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

January 3, 2012

January weigh in

**I started writing this on Tuesday, and I'm too lazy to change the tense.
Today was the dreaded day. Who wants to do a weigh in and measurements two days after they get back from vacation. Not me! I really wanted to put it off, but then I put on my big girl panties and decided I would deal with the outcomes no matter what they were. And you know what, I was just a bit crazy.
So I know you're just waiting with baited breath to know how well I did. Well.. I lost 13 pounds. That's right! THIRTEEN pounds! And that's going two weeks without a trainer, going to the gym 6 times while I was home, and giving in to some of my food weaknesses.
Matt asked how I felt I did while I was at home. I mentioned the going to gym and working out with my family. I told him that I got down on myself for not having better control on what I was eating. I'll give you an example. In our family room we had a dish of Hershey Kisses, a dish of mints, M&Ms, Pistachios and TWO canisters of popcorn. How crazy is that??? I had my share of each of those dishes :)
And then there was our Christmas feast and New Year's spread with all the special cookies, candies and what have yous thrown in through out my stay.

Matt reminded me (as he has multiple times in the past) that I can't get disappointment in a day's lack of control. Everyone has bad days, even bad weeks. It's whether or not you recognize that and what you do about it. He wants me to start journaling along with keeping track of what I eat so that we can see how I'm feeling when I have the bad days, so in the future I will have the foreknowledge to make better choices. He also reminded me that if I have a bad day it's not going to undo everything that I have worked for. I can calculate what extra calories I took in and then schedule extra time at the gym to burn those additional calories. He told me to give myself a week to fit in the extra gym time. That's totally doable.

While I was home my dad mentioned that he almost got me a speed boxing bag (I used to want a punching bag while I was growing up, that was all I asked for). I told Matt this and he was all for it. He said we could start doing kickboxing in our sessions. I think that would be a lot of fun. He told me that if there's anything I want to do to let him know and he'll make it happen. If I want to do our own spinning session we can use the entire spin room. If I wanted to take up kayaking he could research different exercises that would be beneficial. If I wanted to do pool workouts we could do entire sessions in the pool. I told him I am not planning on taking up kayaking anytime soon so he's safe with that one. In the back of my mind I also added, "and there's no way in hell I'm getting in a swimsuit and working out with you, no way buddy".
I signed up for some more sessions, so you have another 4 months of this wonderful bantering to look forward too.

So there you have it

3 comments:

Nothing said...

you have a great trainer there. his ideas and great. you guys could do some new stuff! i am so proud of you! huggies!

The Alma Oliphants said...

ho-ly cow, Erin! Thirteen pounds lost AT MOM AND DAD'S HOUSE?!?! That's incredible. You're incredible.

Cath said...

I think I gained all the weight you lost over vacation--matter can be neither created nor destroyed, so it had to go somewhere....