That, my dear readers, is what is known as the sweat monster. It also contradicts
itself because it feels so great to know you're getting a workout, but you also feel absolutely disgusting afterwards. This is also another reason why I can't go anywhere after I workout. Even if I bring a change of clothes I still stink and you can't put enough deodorant on to recover from this kind of workout. And this is just after an hour of cardio. Imagine what I look like after my training session!
I've noticed that my self esteem is on the rise (starting from rock bottom it's slowly getting above sea level) along with my self consciousness. Yesterday during my training session we were doing all the exercises in the middle of an aisle. My old self would be worried about what everyone was thinking about me as they worked out. i.e. "man, she's hardly doing anything and practically dying", "why is she even trying to workout, she's too far gone" etc etc. I'm really good at making up conversations in my head.
My cardio session went wonderfully today. Right now I'm doing 60 minutes on the recumbent (?) bike.. the one with the back. Usually I'm just staring at the clock watching for this hell to be over. Today I was glad to see the time going and was able to kind of count by song.. okay 60 minutes.. the songs average 4 minutes, that would be 15 songs.. and then I count down that way. Also, it really helps to cover the monitor.
I want to thank everyone for their kind words. I really love this new experience. In fact, today is a full month of working out everyday (minus Sundays) I think this is the only time I have ever done this in my life. It's also the largest I have ever been. So, if I can do it anyone can. If there's any questions that you have I can answer them.

2 comments:
Erin..you are doing so awesome! I am happy for you. I need to join you on your WL journey because you are kicking butt and taking names and I am just being stagnant. Keep at it girl you are inspiring me to want to be better :)
It really is just taking those first steps. As long as you're doing something to increase your physical activity you're working towards a goal. Just try to do a little at a time. You don't want to push yourself too much at the beginning, causing injury/burnout. Slow and steady wins the race!
Post a Comment