I just need to vent for a minute...
Gym pet peeve #1 - sitting on the machines. People.. i know you need to rest in between your sets, but if you're sitting on the machine the whole time I'm on the elliptical doing my cardio... that's a little ridiculous. Share the love, share the machines. Get up and walk around and then come back.
Gym pet peeve #2 - Talking on your cell phone. I know sometimes you're expecting an important call and people need to get a hold of you. But honestly, if you're two machines away from me and I have my headphones in, AND I can still hear you, then so can the rest of everyone else. Get off the machine, go somewhere else, and finish your conversation. I feel like a nerd bringing my phone with me as it is, but have some respect.
Gym pet peeve #3 - PDA on the machines. In my 6 months of the gym I have witnessed 3 couples straddling each other on various machines. Seriously? Seriously! Come on people.
Gym pet peeve #4 - reporting broken machines. Granted I don't always do this, but if you get on a machine and it doesn't work, take 2 seconds, get the machine number and let the front desk know. They'll (hopefully, depending on who is there) put a nice out of order sign on the machine and, fingers crossed, maintenance will resolve it in a timely manner. That way, the person next to the broken machine doesn't feel like an idiot/broken record when they politely tell the next 40 million people who try to use that machine.
Gym pet peeve #5 - overwhelming onion BO. I was doing just fine, getting my cardio on, when I was SLAMMED with this insane rotten onion smell.. I couldn't pin it onto one person because 3 new people were around me. If you know you're going to sweat, unless your BO smells like sunshine and rainbows, be a dear and apply some fresh deodorant before you workout. Please and thank you.
I think that's all I can think of for now.. sorry for being a jerk
Here are some funnies that I have witnessed this week
Funny #1 - guy rocking out to his music, using the handlebars of the elliptical as drums.
Funny #2 - super duper gay guy chatting up leggy blonde girl about her boyfriend.
Funny #3 - me, dying on the elliptical, gotta love those mirrors.
I'm sure there were more. The gym is just so entertaining. The one advantage to the stair master is that it's above everyone else. You have the perfect view of the entire gym. Too bad I hate it.
Audience Participation - Did I miss any pet peeves? Have you seen anything excellent at the gym that just makes you giggle inside? Isn't people watching phenomenal??

2 comments:
Mine are when people get on the treadmill right next to me when there are a million open spaces, when people make huge stinky farts (though I've done it), and when people wear strong cologne or perfume.
So I used to have a problem with the treadmill thing, but then I thought about it. I figured that they want to feel better about themself being on the treadmill/elliptical next to someone who isn't as fit as them. Then they see the RPM/Level that I'm at and they can't keep up with me.. So they get off and go somewhere else.. that or they're done with their warm up :) It's all about competition.
Post a Comment