So February wasn't what I wanted it to be. Looking back I realized that I probably didn't make the best choices for me and my weight loss goals. I splurged a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. Chocolate, candy, movie popcorn, chocolate, cookies, cake, did I say chocolate? I went out to dinner multiple times and probably didn't choose the best things to eat there as well. There were a few cardio days where I didn't push as hard as I could have and didn't stay as long as I normally do. So it really isn't a surprise to me that I only lost the 6 pounds. It is definitely true, you can't out exercise a bad diet.
It really hit me on Friday. I probably ate 4 pieces of cake (birthday cake at work and birthday cake for my uncle). Plus we had a mexican fiesta for my Uncle as well. Gooey enchiladas, beans with bacon, pina coladas, spanish rice. You know, the GOOD stuff! That on top of not going to the gym Friday really did a number on me. I had a training session Saturday morning. I thought that I had a fresh start, rested body, etc, but the food intake of the previous day really had an effect on me. After the first set of exercises I could really feel my energy diminishing.
Friday's cake inhalation really freaked me out. It reminded me of my past, total oblivion as to what I was subjected myself. I was sneaking the cake, hoping no one would see me, judge me, ashamed of/for me. I know what I need to do, I know that I have more self control. I need to reign it in and refocus, recommit. I told myself I would start again on Monday.
Saturday morning came around and I thought to myself, "why am I waiting until Monday?" I have 2 more days that I can work on, do better, improve, control. So I did. I got back on myfitnesspal.com, logged in my food, stayed in my calories. Got my butt kicked at the gym AGAIN on Saturday. Walked 5 miles with friends on Sunday. I'm going to plan my meals for this week so I know what and when I'm eating. I can do this. I can stay strong. I can succeed. Go Team!

No comments:
Post a Comment