You guys, I survived!! If you've been living under a rock (or have blocked my annoying facebook status updates) you'll recall that I have been struck with a bad headcold. I actually went 3 days STRAIGHT without going to the gym. This is the longest I've gone since starting in September (even over Christmas break). It was horrible. But I really really didn't want to pass out in public. And the fact that I could hardly breath made me accept my fate.
I also ate a ridiculous amount of carbs over the weekend. I had pancakes Friday and Saturday, and not my regular protein ones. These were the full fledged Krusteaz Buttermilk pancakes. And they were oh so good! With the diet out the window and the non existant workout, I was sure I had gained weight. I gave myself a 4 lb window. I knew it was just 3 days, but I wanted to give myself some cushion before I freaked out. Low and behold, I had actually lost 4 pounds. Hmm.. maybe the head cold wasn't that bad after all.. This also means that I broke the 300lb barrier on the gym scale too. It weighs differently than my home scale, so this was a big deal. If I play my cards right, I should be hitting the 100lb mark by the end of the month, but you know, who's keeping track.
I have slowly made my way back to working out. I would say I'm probably at 85% of where I was before the plague attacked. I cancelled my session for Tuesday, having the awesome (sarcastic tone) idea that I would slowly start weaning myself off of having a trainer. I have about 6 weeks left and I want to prove to myself that I can do this whole working out thing by myself. Granted I'm there 4/6 days by myself so it's not that hard, but those days I do cardio and the strategically placed machines. This is more, okay I'm going to do a leg workout, what exercises am I going to do, type thing.
I planned everything out, what machines to use, how many sets/reps, and any special adjustments. For the most part things went well. I stayed on task with the machines and then I went over to do my lunges and core. I don't know what's more important, spending the time or finishing all the exercises. I did one set of lunges (back leg lunges, front lunges, side lunges) and then I really didn't want to do anymore. Plus, I had put my hour in. I decided I would do one more set of front lunges and a set of core (leg lifts, reverse crunches) and call it good. I used Tuesday more of a recovery session instead, but I think I still did a pretty good job. My legs are actually tired today.
Now hopefully the congestion will all go away and I'll be back to my normal self for a full training session on Thursday.
MAJOR props to every who works out on their own. For reals. You guys rock!
Audience participation- How do you motivate yourself to do your own workout?



1 comment:
So...I don't do weights. Ever. I hate them so much. That's why when I flex nothing happens. For reals.
But to motivate myself to do my running, I think about my goals, my progress, and other people who have reached their goals (but also sometimes the people who haven't). And I think about how bad I feel when I miss a day.
Post a Comment